Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Bali (Indonesia Trip) - {Day 7: Tanah Lot x Sardine x Wild Hog x BlackPenny Villa Ubud x Locavore} & {Day 8: Ayung River Rafting x BabiGuling Ibu Oka x Tegallalang Rice Terraces x Sacred Monkey Forest xBebek Bengil Dirty Duck Diner x STRANDED - H Sovereign Bali}





DAY 7
Click on this for the previous parts of my Indo trip~

Trying to rush all my Bali travelogues before school resumes - so off to Day 7! Woke up extra early since we wanted to visit one of Bali's most scenic spot as well as scoot off to Ubud, central area of Bali, our final destination to mark the end of the trip!! (unknown to the fact that our flight was going to be delayed & we were going to be stranded in Bali a couple more days, so this is only my second last Indonesia travel post BLEAH so exhausted!!)

Our driver dropped us at Krisna (the outlet near our hotel)- which is like a huge souvenir mart that has outlets all over Bali for Bali food snacks/souvenir shopping.

Krisna
Jl. Sunset Road No. 88, Abianbase, Mengwi, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
8 am - 10 pm

Buying famous Balinese Nuts mostly, but not really my kinda snack, found some to be unfresh, Bali is probably the only country which I went then I returned to Singapore with the least snacks hahaha

chilled awhile at some cafe outside this Krisna outlet. Served super good cup corn with cheese & the yummy indonesia ABC chilli (I think?) FAV BALI STREET SNACK

got my bbt fix & their strawberry bubble tea smoothie was pleasant as well!!


Off to our next destination - Tanah Lot!


stopped by some donation funding to donate & I could take some fail-fies with the owls which were all kinda fierce LOL

overwritten those unglamerous photos, almost got shitted on.

Tanah Lot
Tanah Lot is a rock formation off the Indonesian island of Bali. Home to the pilgrimage temple Pura Tanah Lot, which is a popular tourist and cultural icon for photography and if you were to go visit during certain sunrise/sunset timings, the view would be so much more magnificent.


when there is low tide, tourists can reach the temple by walking across on the rocks, which were covered in sea water & tides the time we were there as it was already close to noon.






I just live drinking bubble tea.

Sardine Restaurant
Jalan Petitenget No. 21, Kerobokan, Kuta, Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
11.30 am - 4.00 pm / 6 pm - 11 pm

Settled lunch at this charming restaurant which is popular among the crowds because guests will be able to dine while viewing rice paddy fields, which are slightly more unusual in Southern Bali. Dinner timing tends to be more popular, so I would recommend prior bookings. I opted to dine during lunch, where the rice fields would be at the greenest.





so so so pretty, but they were watering the rice paddies during my visit, so I couldn't roam into this area unluckily! :(




complementary bread basket~

Mint Lemonade
Refreshing & unique blend. (40,000 IDR)


Mixed Sashimi Plate
Don't over expect super fresh cold sashimi but this was not too bad accompanied by nicely seasoned soba noodles! (130,000 IDR)

Manis Clams
buttery and yummy, recommended! (100,000 IDR)

Pan Seared Kingfish (150,000 IDR)
Generous portion of fish


wanted to order some macaroon dessert which wasn't in season so was recommended this
Assorted Sweets Basket (60,000 IDR) which was like mehhh

Bill came up to around 59 SGD, which was slightly more affordable than the prices in Singapore but almost matching. Most restaurants charge taxes & service charge hahaha.





very very pretty dining place! Would add it to my itinerary if I were you ;)

Hog Wild in Bali Restaurant
 No., Jl. Batu Belig No.41, Bali 80361, Indonesia
11 am - 10.30 pm

A must go!!! Best pork ribs ever in Bali & maybe the whole of southeast asia haha! Had to stop by before Ubud!




my bf's favorite!! despite his not so enthu face looking at the menu LOL


Teh botol for the 100th time

1 rack of Pork Ribs BBQ (119,000 IDR)

its not very filling actually or maybe cause I'm a pig too hehe but we only shared half rack each cause we just ate at Sardine LOL.

goes so well with the chilli & more bbq sauce! Extremely flavourful, looking forward to the one going to be opened in Singapore!


Mrs Pig chilling w Mr Pig

Black Penny Villas 
Jl. Raya Kedewatan, Ubud, Kab. Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia

After around a two hour drive from Kuta, we finally arrived at Ubud!! Checking into our most expensive hotel/villa at 300++ SGD per night. All surrounded by tropical forest and above the Ayung River

P.S There are no taxi services in Ubud!! Too isolated or something haha. Not the typical tourist area, so luckily we managed to hire a driver which we got from the hotel after some debate of prices. Thats the driver whom I said gave us reasonable prices but I lost his card! :(


welcome drink & desserts (yum) while checking in.







had our very very own infinity pool!


abit similar to outdoor bathing but the hotel was clean in general. Just some cricket problems during the first night which scared the shit out of my bf who closed the door on me who was still in the bathroom -_- LOL


fried banana fritters served to us complimentary while enjoying the view at the infinity pool~


gorgeous private pool calls for photos spam








the only acceptable underwater shot by my go-pro. 
WILL IMPROVE IN THE FUTURE


Restaurant Locavore
Jalan Dewisita No. 10, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia
12 pm - 3 pm (lunch)
6 pm - 11 pm (dinner)

The dinner I was most looking forward to at one of Asia's top ten restaurant located at Ubud!! Every ingredient used is sourced from Indonesia. And they serve either 5 course tasting menu or 7 course tasting menu at prices which I thought were more affordable for such fine dining. Make reservations on their website because they can be fully booked!




Even though we prepared ourselves for a "7 course" meal, I think we ate more than 10 dishes because their appetizers had like first appetizer, second appetizer (kind of thing), first dessert, second dessert, third dessert etc LOL


most dishes were brought out and served by the chef responsible for that main, whom will do a short introduction, every chef seemed to prepare their own dish.

7 Course Tasting Menu (595,000 IDR per pax / 62 SGD)


Didn't add the alcohol tasting menu because we would have been so bloated if a drink came accompanied with every course :O So filling and everything took around 2.5 hours to complete. The longer you eat the more full you get!

so ordered this Jasmine Ice Tea (42,000 IDR)






this was some tomato cold appetizer dish thing which i super enjoyed!



still have bread with olive, pate & jam LOL

1st course - Sardine (from Jimbaran, South Bali) pan-fried on pickled sour dough, cherry tomato varities, roasted tomato juices, homemade kombucha, smoked sardine mayonnaise, basil leaves, borage flowers.


2nd course - Beef (from Malang, Java) served raw, wasabi leaf mayonnaise, bawang goreng, pickled shallots, shaved radishes, herbed brioche crouton, melting beef lard.

3rd - Sweet corn soup, homemade honey vinegar, pickled baby sweet corn, mint leaves, kidney beans, Mike's corn bread, corn roasted with brown butter.

4th - Crayfish (from Parang Tritis, Central Java), simply boiled, vinaigrette made from the head juices, pickled fennel, nasturtium leaves & flowers.

5th - Lamb (from Wonosobo, Central Java) different cuts available each day, cooked & served the way Locavore likes.

oh so yummy!!

7th - Jellied bitter chocolate ganache (made from Primo 80 % chocolate), tarragon ice cream, homemade honeycomb, fresh seasonal pomelo, passion fruit curd, tarragon leaves, salted chocolate tuille.

7th - Mango Panna Cotta, pickled & compressed cucumber, white chocolate sorbet, burned harum manis mango, baby cucumber, cucamelon, mint leaves, sweet aloe vera, cucumber gel.

told you there was more than that




overall a super pleasant experience, wouldn't mind coming back! But my bf's taste differs from me. He said he felt that the food was too artsy-fartsy to be called food. But I think I'm more trustable hahaha he is weird

DAY 8


Nasi Goreng


Complimentary hotel breakfast in room with options of english breakfast/ indo style food like noodles or rice~


Was picked up by our Ayung River, White water rafting tour at 9.30 am from our hotel (since we were nearer to Ayung River) paid around 36 SGD per person!

My bf enjoyed this tour & he said that the river currents could be stronger but not for me, because the whole rafting activity takes around 2 hours, super tiring and I got bored after awhile. LOL


Not to mention the super duper most tiring flight of stairs you would have to climb down (& after rafting UP) to get to Ayung River lol died, sooo steep & its a long way down. Felt it was at least about 2 km distance down, not to mention climbing back up after rafting for 2 hours LOL.




no makeup looking like a retard hahaha I thought I would look cooler doing this sport activity LOL






oh my muscleman

could have fell and broke a neck or two


photobombed by our rdm teammates everyone including my bf was conversing in indo I was just smiling like a retard oblivious to what they were taking about

the only pic taken under the mini waterfall which was like the only pushing factor of me continuing river rafting but my pic was spoiled by a freaking water droplet right on my face HAHAHA

Radler Bintang brings a smile to my face once again hahaha



finally returned to the hotel around 12 pm - 1 pm (took so long T.T) and had a clean shower. Felt so good washing off all the sweat & river water off my body!!


Warung Babi Guling Bu Oka
Jalan Tegal Sari No. 2, Ubud, Kec. Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia

Famous Babi Guling, or suckling pig, one of Bali's famed dish.







Special Plate (70,000 IDR)
Some crispy pork meat were acceptable to me in this mixed plate of babi guling with rice but there was this strong balinese flavour/spice taste which I disliked. Bf likes it though, but I doubt I would ever eat this again LOL

Soup Babi (15,000 IDR)
This pork soup was good tho!! 






Went to a coffee farm afterwards to see how the famous Luwak Coffee is made.

spot the sleeping civet cat!



Complimentary coffee of a mix of all favours. Confirm want you to try & buy ahaha, the coffee packs they sold there is damn overpriced please!




my face when I unknowingly drank ginger coffee lol fml hatest of all

Tegallalang Rice Terraces
Kedisan, Tegallalang, Kec. Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia

Tegallalang Rice Terraces in Ubud is famous for its beautiful scenes of rice paddies involving the splendid terraced landscapes in Ubud's shared region worthy of a visit.


so so so pretty! One of my favorite photos this trip just that my skirt was too tight & fats were bulging out HAHAHA












EYEBAGS

Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary
Jl. Monkey Forest, Ubud, Bali 80571, Indonesia
8.30 am - 6 pm
(30,000 IDR per pax)

The Ubud Monkey Forest is a nature reserve and Hindu temple complex in Ubud.


one of my favourite attraction (despite the mozzies - insect repellent please!) cause I love the monkeys!! Very very cute.


You pay a small sum to purchase bananas for feeding, they might even stand on your shoulder/arm in time for a picture to get taken. They would just be greedy for the bananas, monkeys here are not as aggressive as those in Uluwatu (refer to previous post!)

aww





monkey grabbing ma fats


bf was like HES NOT GOING TO LET ANY MONKEY SIT/TOUCH HIM

but i bet their cute little faces softened his heart.


then he got peed on HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


& I got molested ten thousand times hahaha







Bebek Bengil - Dirty Duck Diner
Jalan Hanoman, Padangtegal, Ubud, Kec. Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia

Tried another famous food in Ubud, Bali - the cripsy duck! Wouldn't recommend this restaurant. Even my bf didn't really like it with his indonesian tastebuds haha. Should have listened to our drive and went to Bebek Tepi Sawah instead, another restaurant which serves nicer food/duck I've heard!



another paddy field dining theme





bintang (indo beer) all dayz w my beer belly lolol & bf wearing his sleeping clothes cos he got peed on by a monkey rmb!! hahaha




Cripsy Bebek Bengil Nasi (125,000 IDR)
not up to my expectations but anything fried would have tasted better I guess?

Bebek Bakar Sambal (122,000 IDR)
should have just ordered chicken....


sad that we ended our "last meal in Bali" with this not so nice dinner....

THEN WE REACHED DENPASAR AIRPORT AFTER A 2 HOUR CAR RIDE TO FIND OUT THAT OUR FLIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO VOLCANI ASH CLOUD by jetstar.
lolol, why didn't I open up my email notification before our driver dropped us.
Roamed around the airport & called jetstar customer service indo, but they were unable to even provide us with the next recovery flight timing.

Decided to pick a hotel nearby denpasar (lucky for us the airport was actually near Kuta area) which seemed really good & affordable online.

H Sovereign Bali
Jl. Raya Tuban No. 2, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 62314, Indonesia

best hotel ever if your flight ever get cancelled in Bali, which seems common.


they even serve guava juice before check in as well!!

this room for 45 SGD per night?! super good, clean, with wifi even better than the previous villas/hotels we stayed. Will have a hard time deciding between this or Sun Boutique the next trip. Cause this hotel is so much newer too! With an air conditioned lobby.





shall end off with a silly photo of me & an owl. Be back for my very last Bali updates - Being Stranded in Bali!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing so well about my country.. was looking for places to bring my friends around.. but am certainly glad you enjoyed your short stay. 🙂

    Bali Cheapest Tours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many months of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any methods to stop hackers? Sardine Run expeditions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to express that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. In whatever way I'm going to be subscribing to your feed and I really hope you post again soon..Sardine Run diving Trips

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures, great holiday and amazing experience.
    Next holiday please book with Nana Bali Tour (wwww.nanabalitour.com) for your holiday trips in Bali.
    Price is very cheap.

    Thank you.............

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is my very first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I suppose I am not alone having all of the leisure here! Maintain the wonderful work.Sardine Run diving Trips

    ReplyDelete