Monday, February 1, 2016

Christmas 2015 + Masizzim + Ice Lab + Hvala Waffle Bar + Hanare Japanese Cafe + Tatsuya



Hey guys! I'm back before my favourite season of the year. Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day 2016! Cause it will be my very first Valentine's Day celebration in my 21 years of life spending with my bf hehe. Fun fact: I have never spent V day with any guy I liked before, obviously, since William is my First bf and I'm really looking forward to it!!

Starting my blogpost with my very first set of CNY nails for year 2016 I'm lovin'! Gudetama & the Monkeys saying "Gong Xi Fa Cai"~

Some updates for the month of December (last month) & January! Finally did my eyebrow embroidery~ 

Homemade Christmas potluck x Gift exchange bbq 
(opps misplaced the bbq pics somewhere LOL)
Just like previous years. Whoever gets me as Gift Santa is always the luckiest hahaha vying for my good taste for presents :D



someone resulted to ordering pizza when its homemade..


Ciders~

Spent new year's countdown w bf & his friends!

The Green Door
13A Dempsey Rd, Singapore 247694

Settled for some drinks at the green door by the prive group at dempsey. Good location for after dinner drinks alfresco since everywhere else we wanted to go to was fully booked - book early before new year countdowns!

group photo with felix's dog, paris~


-Somerset food finds-
Masizzim Singapore
313 @ Somerset #B3-02,  313 Orchard Rd Singapore 238895

Last month's treat from the boy at a new favourite korean restaurant in town (somerset) specializing in korean meat stews YUMS!


side dishes for me to spam kimchi

Tomato Cheese Pancake (S$13)
such a cute new korean pancake rendition


Korean Signature Stews
Step 1: Choose beef, pork or spicy chicken
Step 2: Soy or Spicy from Levels 1 to 4
Step 3: Choose noodles: Korean style udon or glass noodles
Step 4: Choose optional add ons: cheese, toppoki, or extra noodles for carb lovers

comes in prices for stews serving one or two pax!

we had beef, level 3 spicy (which I can really feel the heat for someone who loves spicy food) and glass noodles. SOOO flavourful and good, will definitely come back for their stews after this!


DIY Riceballs - Tuna/Anchovy (S$8)
the waitress recommended us anchovy which seem to be the more popular option but I guess anything like this would taste just as good :P


offically a riceball expert

super value for money korean fare @ Masizzim!

Ice Lab
Orchard Shopping Centre, 321 Orchard Road #01-01/02, Singapore 238866

Tried this new bingsu spot in town (somerset), opened by Korean Comedian Shin Jung-Hwan. It's his first venture overseas!

fake christmas tree with real snow (?) decor indoors



Menu features 6 flavours of bingsu in 2 sizes.
Green Tea Bingsoo ($17.20 small, $21.20 large) 
with fine shaved milk topped with a scoop of green tea ice cream, azuki beans, sunflower seeds and cashew nuts. Honestly, too many overpriced bingsu shops expanding all over SG doesn't make this any special.

Hvala Waffle Bar
313 @ Somerset #B3-50, 313 Orchard Road Singapore 238895

Last food find in town (somerset) and one that deserves some recognition by introducing new instagrammable desserts on a regular basis.

The Puffle (S$7.90)
A cup of vanilla bean soft serve topped with egglets, and other toppings such as fruits, museli and sauces.
Chose chocolate & marshmellows drenched with speculoos sauce on my soft serve which has my approval~

present after shopping from mandarin gallery fo the bf :*

Chilling nights at Acid Bar in Town w our truffle fries and jap beers

Wild Oats @ Punggol Park & lovin' the popcorn & cheese fries even though its possible to fry these at home

-Jap food finds-
Just bf treating my mom to her bdae meal last month at one of my favourite and reasonable priced jap restaurants in town!
Sun with Moon Japanese Dining & Cafe
Wheelock Place, 501 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238880

The lunch sets we ordered are all priced around S$30++
I had my fav salmon chirashi don set~

bf & mom chose the same set which came with like sashimi sushis, fresh salmon, fried oyster, teriyaki chicken, udon & matcha azuki ice cream too!




This is why its a popular choice for jap food if you're in town!

Hanare Japanese Cafe
99 Tg Pagar Rd, Singapore 088520

Settled for this hidden find for Jon's bdae treat from me before some drinks since all the restaurants we wanted to go to in Tanjiong Pagar was so crowded on a Friday night! Hanare Cafe is related to the popular Teppei restaurant located on the second storey of a shophouse.


We both had their famous Bara Chirashi Set ($17.60)(looks familiar?!) where you get a bowl of the popular sashimi rice with unlimited servings of 4 side dishes and miso soup!! super good deal haha. 

Hanare cafe has also a Buffet Set (S$19.90) is where you get one serving of the main course (could be an Oyaku Don, Curry Rice, Saba Shioyaki etc) and free flow 20+ choices of side dishes which includes sushi, fried items, pickles, chicken cutlets, curry, mapo tofu and many more. Check out their fb page for daily main courses.


and of course the most pricey but best jap meal I had recently at..

Tatsuya Japanese Restaurant
22 Scotts Road, Goodwood Park Hotel, Singapore 228221

Tatsuya is a signature & long standing sushi restaurant at Goodwood Park that serve aburi (torched) chirashi, unlike many places. Aburi, meaning, fresh slices of sashimi imported from Hokkaido are seared with a blowtorch. Prices starts at $150++ for a small bowl and $180++ for a big bowl during dinner. More affordable lunch sets starting from $42++ is served during lunch.





Initially wanted to go for their normal priced set lunched but ended up having this 
Aburi Chirashi Bowl Omkase set (during lunch = more "affordable") at S$150++
S$176 after service + gst charge.
By far the most expensive Jap meal I had in Singapore as of yet.

loveee the crab tofu century egg appetizer


flounder sashimi topped with caviar in many colors lol



I loved the seared scallop especially, game changing, lets just let the pictures do the salivating.

Aburi is my favourite kind of sushi!! But honest review: I thought that I would taste something even more extraordinary for the price tag.

 Caramel Ice cream

shall end off my post abruptly with pictures of Wimbly Lu desserts from my recent visit.



2 comments:

  1. awwe. I wish you all the best with your boyfriend this Valentines! :D

    trulyfionaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete