Monday, July 27, 2015

Gyoza King + Mongkok Dimsum + Tampopo + Ho Yun Timsum + Chomp chomp


Heylo! Just felt like updating this space over here before my week starts. Kinda looking forward to the next two weekends. Have plans ahead so I'm excited :)
hoped you guys enjoyed my 2nd tokyo post which I spent freaking long hours to blog about T.T

Brunch last sunday with some of my relatives and we ended up at tanjiong pagar cause they wanted to try the new Ginza Tendon Itsuki (some newly openly and queued for tempura restaurant in the area). Settled for gyozas at orchid hotel nearby cause we were lazy to queue. I don't think my grandma will want to queue hahaha

Keisuke Gyoza King
#01-15 Orchid Hotel, 1 Tras Link, Singapore 078867


straight forward concept of a gyoza set which includes 
5 pcs of gyozas + 2 side dishes + rice + soup = for S$13.90!


we ordered four sets so we got to try all the sides, my personal favourites are: Deep fried chcken with spicy sauce & mixed sesame, Chicken Nanban with Tartar sauce (lol sorry I think all the chickens are my fav HHAHA) all is alright but I shall end off with my third fav choice being the Stir fried eggplant with Miso cause I LOVE BRINJALS


they offer a miso soup choice or veg soup both tasted okay :)


First time seeing a green tea flavoured coke ?! Definitely had to order it!


Pork flavoured gyozas are still the best IMO


they offer seasoning to accompany your sticky rice bowls (YUMS) and free flow bean-sprouts etc hehe one of keisuke's concepts 



ended brunch with many green tea desserts at Tsujiri afterwards.


Supper date with my date *.* cause I was feeling down one of the days so he wanted to meet me and brought me to one of my new favourite dimsum supper spot ^^
snapped this from snapchat @eugeniakoh


Mongkok Dim Sum
214 Geylang Lorong 8
Singapore 389274

Tel: (65) 6841 5133
Opening Hours
Mon - Fri: 4pm - 5am
Sat - Sun: 10am - 5am

anw I think they have a new outlet at bedok go google it! haha so I have no idea why he fetched me from the east to geylang area when we could have just went to bedok. But I appreciate nights like that :) HAHAHA HE doesn't read my blog so I can type corny stuff ok


1st row (from right to left: Shredded mango w shrimp, his love AHHAHA, Mongkok grass jelly)
2nd row (from right to left: Siewmai, 3 yolk & crab congee, Hargow)
3rd row (from right to left: 3 in one milk tea, Egg tarts, Prawn paste chicken)

Overall their dimsum is good. I would totally return again to try their huge range and tzechar, usually we always over ordered tgt but that day I didn't rly have much appetite. 

And I rlyyyy love their mongkok grass jelly and their milk tea I have to repost the pics again *.* superrrr good hehe will asked me if I wanted to takeaway the mongkok grass jelly back cause I finished it in a wink hehehe




Tampopo
391 Orchard Road
#04-28, Takashimaya Shopping Centre, Ngee Ann City

Introducing one of my fav and value for money japanese franchised restaurant in Singapore I frequent. They have a huge variety on their menu so its like you can keep going back for more, the next time I will go back to try their ramen as I didn't get to my previous few visits :)

They have several outlets around SG but I always go to the one at taka!


Truffle fried rice with black pork in it (i think) on my first visit and it was so good! $18.80!



Harumaki Salad! pretty yummy too with the sauce and salmon~ $12.80!


Their awesome mentaiko tonkatsu I ordered both times there because tampopo actually offers one of the better tonkatsus I have tried in SG. Tonkatsu by Mai maison as well. The rest I don't think I will bother to go back.



Wafu Steak $17.80! Ordered this on both visits there cause I love waygus :)



other non-repeated dishes I ordered on other visits. this mentaiko sushi roll with aburi salmon or smth. SUPERB


& mentaiko cheese hotake ;)


ate ice-cream after that had my fav pistachio & this cherry rum sobert I told will to choose which was surprisingly good. gelatos are so rich ~



soju and drinks night with tessa stan & wenmin at a korean restaurant at tanjiong pagar afterwards. Love nights like that too.



mellben seafood again w the fam



tried their curry and black pepper crab another signature but lol I don't think they complement. 



Another hidden dimsum find in the east vicinity!

Ho Yun Hong Kong Tim Sum
419 Tampines St 41 #01-80 S520419
Mon to Sun: 7.30am - 7.30pm


cheap and rly yummy! love cheechongfan, their century congee & all their fried dimsums as well :)


icecream all dayz. lol I was eating some red bean icepop with sweet potato jelly balls haha I like this kind of weird shit tyvm


NEW FAV FLAVOR FROM B&J :))




Some of the homemade food my mom made for meee haha she's awesome I should learn.


mentaiko pasta in the shape of houses and humans wow


prata + egg + cheese + ham + bonito flakes


unagi + rice


another night at kingdom lol martel x beer every week 




fun couple date night with louis & wenmin at serangoon chompchomp. hehe super overordered but tbh their bbq food isn't that good


but I LOVE HOW BIG THEIR SUGARCANES JUICES GET


caught a movie afterwards :)


hahaha


super full but still went back for my fav red velvet waffles.


short update so signing off now :) 

I'm so thankful for you in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment