Saturday, December 29, 2012

A&F interview + TGIF @ zouk

took this photo so long ago with tricia when a&f just opened, and now im going to work there  hehe cant wait to take more pictures with more hotties HAHA

If you do follow me on twitter, you would know I got into A&F!
Im really happy and grateful that i got hired! Hopefully me working there would be a fun experience for me, make new pretty & hot friends(?) cant wait! I didnt even dare to tell some of my 'friends' that I was going for the Abercrombie and Fitch interview. Cause they'll judge me and say stuff like

"She is so fat, a&f won't hire her"
"What is YOU trying out for a&f"

haha yes, these are the stuff i have to face everyday, especially from some people. I just accept it. What more can i say.

I went to a&f on a friday with regina, weishan and tricia. We were told that we would have to fill an online application form before filling the actually application form for the interview. I was told that we could go down to a&f everyday except sunday @4pm. As they held job interviews everyday except sunday. So by the time i filled the online form, the interview @ 4pm that friday was already over, so I went there again the following friday :O And unfortunately i saw someone whom i didnt really want to meet there for the interview also so i was quite like Fml really if i didnt get hired..

The interview was a group one. About like 14 people at that time? Usually they only interview 8 people at a time the woman said, but i guess you can see that its quite a popular job choice now with so many interviewees and I think they will hire you comparing with those people who went together with you in the group interview, so i was like super nervous at the point of time because everyone was like so outspoken, mostly talked in the american accent, fluent english, the guys were muscular, some Caucasian, saw many pretty girls and there was i.... so annoying
hahaha.

The interviewer was so pretty. She was a pretty lady with long natural black hair, black eyes, so natural, so clean and sharp. That was what they were looking for, natural nice looking, outgoing, pretty girls.

The group interview went like this:

Describe yourself in 3 words.
What do you like to do during your free time? 
ermm i like to errrmm sing
How would your friends/family describe you?
friendly, cheerful errrm (haha even though i think i didnt even exactly portray the outgoing charismatic character they were looking out for then)
Describe the brand abercrombie and fitch brand in two words (NO REPEATING) what do you like about the  brand?
wanted to say laid-back, classy stuff like that but everyone already said all the words by then so i just anyhow bombed a simple but stylish answer.
Stand up and say "Hey, What's Going On?! " or "Hey, What's up?!"

the interview ended with them taking a photograph of each of us.

Thats probably about it, i thought i screwed up my interview, everyone's answer was clearly so crisp and better than mine, I was so nervous and didnt even dare to look at the interviewer properly,  just kept gazing at regina LOL! (weishan and tricia went the following day on the saturday)

Tips for the interview? i shall emphasize on that they are looking out for outgoing people
And everything was just about appearance and how we carry ourselves. Haha my friend claims that they only hire pretty/handsome people(but i think their standard is lowering already by hiring me haha), basically first impression do count, they already decided based on how you smile and look during the interview? I think its quite important to smile. clearly the people who interviewed with me mostly knew what they were doing so this girl was like smiling super crazily all the time which i dint do, because of my nerves HAHA

And mostly, the look policy there, which i already knew a little in the first place, so i didnt put much makeup to the interview, and i wore like jeans, floral sandals and a grey cardigan ( i think that helped surprisingly? heard that if you are able to show how much you like the brand, you recognize the brand, dressed up a little like how you should when you work there)

Basically for girls, Minimal make up- no eyeliner, no eyeshadow, no lipstick, no colored lenses.
(only allowed foundation, mascara, blusher and anything else that isn't fanciful)
They added, that if we don't wear any make up at all, that would be awesome. Also, no painted nails and either red, nude or pink or nothing at all for our toe nails.
Hair couldn't be dyed.

For the guys, they had to be clean shaved. No products to be applied in their hair etc.



So, thats about it, they say that if you are hired you would receive a call from them in 1-2 weeks time, for me, i received it ytd, made my day!! and tricia received one too^ ^ shes way luckier than me cause the following saturday when she went with weishan there was only like 4 other interviewees, LOL less competition and less nervous for them! so good! 

Oh well, gonna head down this wed to fill up some form and there is going to be a job training of five hours on thurs, going to be so busy with school reopening as well but im grateful!



My friday was spent doing project at school :( but met up with jon hang before he went for cruise to have an awesome breakfast at old town!


their milk tea that comes with breakfast set


their food menu is mostly asian delights but all really unexpectedly nice, but a little more pricey but their bfast set is much cheaper than usual alacarte!

 

and mom got me many slices of my fav cake



hehe before applying clubbing makeup 


i have no eyebrowss





first time clubbing with jessica! bascially quite a retarded night (i still preferred the wednesday crowd..) cause i got spilled by so many things HAHA

 group girl shot!



with jess


regina


sam


xoxo







one of my fav photos of the night!




morg and sam


some of the guys!











LOL










hehe im lazy to type more since i spent so long typing the essay at the top half of my post LOL

basically the night was okay, my new zouk bouncer friend raymond very nicely offered me guestlist on a friday night at zouk so im really thankful too hehehe but i feel quite bad la LOL! 

and this world really quite small :o!
and i was damn high so i did something damn funny when the cab uncle fetch me back at like 5am in the morning LOL & ate two bowls of noodles like a beggar and spilled all the soup over my shoe and thigh HAHA dunno what im doing sometimes.



shall abruptly end off with this photo of something my fav twin zhiyan did for me :p

xoxo eugeniania


No comments:

Post a Comment